FxPro is one of the world-leading online forex and CFD broker. The brokerage facilitates 24/5 trading with 6 different asset classes and over 250 different financial instruments. This FXPro review will look at both the benefits and the drawbacks, including trading platforms, demo accounts, fees, and additional trading tools, before wrapping up with a final verdict.
Table of Contents
- A Brief History of FxPro
- Markets & Instruments
- Minimum Initial Deposit
- Spreads & Commissions
- FxPro Leverage
- Other Fees
- FxPro Trading Platforms
- FxPro Edge
- Mobile Apps
- Methods of Payment
- Account Types
- Demo Account
- Additional Features
- Safety & Security
- FxPro Regulation & License
- FxPro Trading Hours
- Contact & Customer Support
- FxPro Verdict
- Accepted Countries
A Brief History of FxPro
The volume and experience account for a lot, and FxPro promises both.
The brokerage was established in 2006 and has since then it has asserted itself as a leader in the forex space. It has expanded to offer direct trading to customers from over 150 countries. Along the way, the company has picked up over 50 prestigious international awards.
Their expansion has also led to the creation of offices in London, Cyprus, and the Bahamas. Note FxPro Financial Services Limited is actually owned by the FxPro Group Limited.
FxPro Group Limited is the holding company of:
- FxPro UK Limited, authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (registration no. 509956).
- FxPro Financial Services Ltd, authorised and regulated by the Cyprus Securities and Exchange Commission (licence no. 078/07) and authorised by the Financial Sector Conduct Authority (‘FSCA’) (authorisation no. 45052).
- FxPro Global Markets Ltd, authorised and regulated by the SCB (license no. SIA-F184).
Furthermore, traders from the UK and the EEA are protected under the Financial Services Compensation Scheme (FSCS) and Investors Compensation scheme respectively.
If you register for the FxPro trading system there is a reasonable chance you will have come across their sponsorship of local sports teams, including Fulham and Watford FC. The partners and over 200 employees have and continue to back local communities with their revenue.
Markets & Instruments
Customer review and ratings are positive of the breadth of products on offer. Users can trade-in:
- Stocks – over 150 types
- Futures – 20 contracts
- Spot Metals – 2 precious metals
- Spot Energies – 3 energy commodities
- CFDs for Currency Pairs – 70 FX pairs
- Market Indices – 29 spot market indices
Note you cannot trade in binary options and spread betting is only available to UK customers.
Minimum Initial Deposit
The minimum deposit at FXPro is just $100. However, the brokerage does advise making a minimum deposit of $1000.
Spreads & Commissions
Spreads are competitive but depend mostly on the type of trading account held and asset traded. For example, with the MT4 account, minimum fixed spread quotes are around 1.2 pips. With an MT5 account and FxPro cTrader account, minimum live spreads are 1.4 and 0.3 pips. Opt for a Markets account and spread quotes start at 1.2 pips.
On top of the spread, a commission charge of $45 is in place per million USD traded.
Traders also have the option of margin trading, requirements for which will depend on your account type.
Trading with gold leverage, for example, allows you to increase your position size and capitalize on potential opportunities in gold prices.
However, there are also risks. Leveraged trading can accelerate losses as well as gains.
FXPro does offer negative balance protection, however, so clients cannot lose more than the initial deposit.
The maximum available leverage is 1:500 (at FXPro Global Markets Limited only).
See the official website to plug your details into a leverage calculator.
There are some changes to be aware of. For example, overnight and rollover rates will see you pay $8.13 for EUR/USD long positions, while the short positions come with a $2.23 charge.
There is also an inactivity fee should an account be left dormant for an extended period.
There are no fees for making a withdrawal.
Overall FxPro spreads and fees are competitive and of good value when you take into account the range of trading tools and resources available. Having said that, FxPro could improve its offering by introducing some welcome promotions and deposit bonuses.
Note FxPro acts as a market maker applying a non-dealing desk intervention execution model.
FxPro Trading Platforms
MT4 & MT5
Once you have your direct account login details you can choose from several trading platforms. FxPro offers the industry-standard MetaTrader 4 (MT4) and MetaTrader 5 (MT5) platforms. Head to the official website for a link to instantly download both platforms.
Both systems receive glowing customer reviews, promising reliability, multiple order types, and negative balance protection. Furthermore, they support automated trading through Expert Advisors (EAs). Their diversity also means they will work for trading on the news, scalping systems, and with other techniques.
In addition, you can now use MT4 WebTrader to log in to all accounts whatever your location. You can also download Autochartist as a plugin to benefit from their advanced trading tools.
Although whether MetaTrader systems are good or bad will depend on who you ask, the majority of traders agree they are comprehensive, thorough, and more than capable of meeting the needs of most users.
Head to the FxPro Trading Academy to find MetaTrader 4 tutorials for Mac and Windows users.
Feedback from the cTrader users is also fairly positive. The free cTrader system platform download was designed for CFD traders. As a result, you can place orders while retaining a clear view of market depth. The platform will work for Mac users and on Windows desktops. You also benefit from rapid execution speeds.
FxPro Edge is the latest addition to the FXPro platform offering. It provides investors with a new way to trade the markets.
It is a highly customizable web-based platform, which enables traders to place their orders without the need to download and install any additional software.
FXPro Edge (Spread Betting) is only available to clients of FxPro UK Limited that reside in the United Kingdom. This is a separate platform from FXPro Edge.
FxPro Edge is available for all demo users.
- Forex, Shares, Spot Indices, Spot Metals and Spot Energies
- Limited Risk Account at no additional cost
- No commission
- Tight spreads
- Tax-free (tax laws are subject to change and depend on individual circumstances)
Unsurprisingly, platform reviews overall are positive and praise the numerous options available.
Reviews and ratings of FxPro’s mobile offering are positive. They offer iOS and Android trading apps for mobiles and tablets. Once you sign up, simply head to the iOS App Store and Google Play Store to download the relevant app. You have access to three mobile apps:
- FXPro App
- MT4 for Mobile
- MT5 for Mobile
- FxPro cTrader for Mobile
The apps are reliable and give you access to nearly all the same features and functionality of the desktop-based platforms. In fact, you can:
- Conduct daily technical analysis with over 30 technical indicators
- Manage your positions from widgets within your smartphone
- Get commentary on the US dollar (USD) index and more
- View and interpret historical data
- Set up signals and alerts
- Browse the EA library
Overall, reviews of the mobile apps are good. Users get to benefit from the same ultra-low latency trading infrastructure of the desktop platforms. Furthermore, the iPhone, iPad, and Android apps can work to supplement your desktop platform or for trading directly from.
Methods of Payment
Once you finish registration, you will have to fund your account. Fortunately, there are several deposit methods available, including:
- Debit, credit, and prepaid cards (Visa, Mastercard)
- Bank wire transfer
- mPay (Chinese clients)
- MonetaRU (Russian clients)
- broker to broker transfer
Note credit and debit cards will incur a deposit fee, as well PayPal. Your bank account may also charge an additional fee. Contact your bank for details.
When it comes to withdrawing your revenue, there is no charge for any of the payment methods. However, a fee may be charged if the capital has not been used to actually trade. Withdrawal times are kept to just one business day. Simply log into FxPro Direct to enter a withdrawal request.
Contact customer support via their live chat or telephone service if you encounter any withdrawal problems.
You get a choice of four live trading accounts with FxPro, below is an account breakdown and comparison:
- FxPro MT4 – You can trade on currency pairs, equities, market indices, metals and energies. In addition, EAs are supported. You also benefit from fixed and floating spreads. On top of that, you have instant market execution and a maximum leverage of 1:500. (Note: Retail clients under CySec and FCA will have maximum leverage of 1:30, Professional clients 1:500 and SCB jurisdiction clients 1:500 also)
- FxPro MT5 – These accounts are fairly similar but use a different platform. You get all the same markets and instruments, and then Market execution and floating spreads.
- FxPro cTrader – You get nearly all the same instruments, apart from equities and futures. In addition, you have algorithmic trading through cAlgo.
For fixed spread accounts, you may want to opt for the MT4 option. Having said that, all promise straightforward account ownership and management. Rankings will depend on individual requirements and personal preferences.
Note FxPro does not offer ECN managed or micro-accounts. Reviews nonetheless are positive about the number of account options available. In fact, many competitors offer just one live account option.
You can also open a FxPro demo account. Once you log in you have $500,000 in virtual cash to play around with. You can download various demo platforms, including MT4, MT5, and cTrader.
The demo server makes for a great central trading hub to get familiar with markets and develop strategies. Then when your confidence has grown you can upgrade to a live account. There are even occasional demo contests where you can put your practice to the test against other traders.
Contact customer support if your MetaTrader 4 or 5 demo account is disabled.
Broker reviews of FxPro are quick to highlight there are several useful educational resources available.
Most notably there is the FxPro Trading Academy. This has been built to help educate users on forex trading.
It comes with a vast video library, seminars, and ebooks. You will also find a trading glossary, plus guidance on trading robots and global markets.
The Help Centre is also a valuable resource. The economic calendar allows you to plan your day down to the minute. In addition, you get access to:
- Economic reports
- Consensus forecasts
- Volatility predictions
- Previous economic results
Earnings calendars and hedging tips can also be found in FxPro’s additional resources. Finally, there is a free indicator download to enhance your technical analysis capabilities.
Safety & Security
FxPro takes customer security extremely seriously. As a result, all customer’s funds are segregated in Tier-1 accounts with several major banks. Furthermore, sophisticated encryption technologies and security protocols are in place to prevent fraud and keep personal data in a digital vault.
In fact, the founder, Denis Sukhotin has worked hard to ensure user security remains a priority alongside the global expansion.
Note liquidity providers do not have access to trade details or any other delicate information.
FxPro Regulation & License
With an increase in scams, traders are increasingly looking for brokers that are trustworthy and regulated. Fortunately, FxPro Financial Services Ltd wouldn’t have amassed such a net worth if the CEO and board of directors did not take regulation seriously. So the broker has oversight from regulatory bodies in:
- UK – FCA
- Cyprus – CySEC
- South Africa – FSCA
- The Bahamas – SCB
Also, UK broker reviews are quick to highlight the partners have ensured FxPro UK Ltd customers are protected by the UK’s Financial Services Compensation Scheme. This means traders could receive up to £50,000 compensation in certain scenarios, such as bankruptcy.
European customers also have similar protection of up to €20,000 under the Investor Compensation Fund from CySEC.
There are several reasons to sign up for a trading account with FxPro, including:
- Demo account – The broker promises a free demo account where prospective users can test drive the platforms.
- No dealer intervention – Traders can benefit from tight spreads, high liquidity and zero slippage on Instant Execution.
- Automated trading – EAs can be used to capitalise on algorithmic trading and scalping strategies.
- Trading tools – FxPro offers a range of advanced tools and indicators. On top of that, you get a choice of MT4, MT5, cTrader and FxPro Edge.
- FxPro Academy – From webinars and user guides to tutorial videos and PDFs, users can benefit from top tips and guidance from traders with years of experience.
- Product list – FxPro offer access to a wide range of markets and instruments. In fact, they now allow users to speculate on cryptocurrencies, such as Bitcoin (BTC/USD) and Ethereum (ETH/USD).
- Commentary & analysis – When you take FxPro vs HotForex, AvaTrade and IG, you realise the former offers a wealth of in-depth daily market commentary. On top of that, you get network sharing and technical analysis support.
- Customer service – FxPro promises numerous customer support channels in nearly 20 different languages. This offering vs Plus500, Pepperstone, eToro and other alternatives demonstrates their commitment to aiding customers, particularly beginners.
- Account flexibility – You can hold an account with nearly every widely-used currency: EUR, USD, GBP, CHF, JPY, PLN, AUD, ZAR (FxPro Financial Services Limited); EUR, USD, GBP, CHF, JPY, PLN, AUD (FxPro UK Limited); EUR, USD, GBP, JPY, AUD (FxPro Global Markets Limited). In addition, Islamic swap-free accounts are available.
Despite the positives, there are also some customer complaints to bear in mind, including:
- Multi-step confirmation process – The process is slow and complex vs IC Markets, ICM brokers and Forex4you.
- Promotions – When you take FxPro vs Oanda, FXCM, ZuluTrade, and IronFX, the former falls short in enticing traders in with welcome bonuses and deals.
- Accessibility – Although traders from numerous countries are accepted, including India, Nigeria, Vietnam, Australia, and Thailand, some still aren’t. For example, clients from the USA and Canada are not currently accepted.
FxPro Trading Hours
Forex trading hours are 24 hours per day, kicking off at 22:00 Sunday and closing at 22:00 Friday (GMT). Other products follow industry-standard market hours. Then when you log on, opening hours will appear depending on your MT4 server time zone.
See the official FxPro website for holiday trading hours and specific products, such as gold trading hours.
Contact & Customer Support
Due to their global footprint, customer support is available in nearly 20 dozen languages. Traders can turn to:
- Live Chat
See the official website for the telephone number where you’re based. You can also request a callback. Support hours run 24 hours a day from Sunday 23:00 until Friday 12:00. On the website, you can also find the address of the nearest office if you want to mail FxPro.
User reviews show wait times are relatively low and customer agents are very knowledgeable. In fact, they can help with everything from order execution policy to problems with no MT4 connection.
However, customer reviews were particularly impressed with the FAQ page and help available on their website. You can find information about negative balance protection, forgotten investor passwords, and a whole load more.
Note customer support staff cannot give tax advice.
So is FxPro a good broker? Despite some differing opinions, the vast majority agree the broker provides all the resources required to build a highly profitable system. In particular, user reviews were positive about the choice of accounts and platforms, not to mention the transparent fee structure and reliability. Overall then, FxPro makes for a worthy home for traders of all experience levels.
For further guidance, see our brokers list.
FXPro accepts traders from Australia, Thailand, United Kingdom, South Africa, Singapore, Hong Kong, India, France, Germany, Norway, Sweden, Italy, Denmark, United Arab Emirates, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Luxembourg, Qatar, and most other countries.
Traders can not use FXPro from Iran, the United States, Canada, Zimbabwe, Myanmar, New Zealand, Iraq.
We hope this HotForex review helped you learn more about the broker. You may also want to see our step-by-step guide on how to open an HotForex account and our ultimate guide on how Login FxPro.
Vincent Nyagaka is a Professional Trader, Investor, and Author who is considered ‘The Authority” on Price Action Trading. His blog is read by over 300,000 every month and he has taught over 5,000 students from all over the world since 2016. Check out Vincent’s Professional Trading Course here.