The Exness Group is an established brokerage offering online trading on forex and commodities. The international broker allows clients to tailor financial services and investment solutions to their personal needs. Our Exness review will cover account registration and sign-in, login security, minimum deposit requirements; payment methods, including offline bank transfer; and more.
The Exness Group was established in 2008, with several global affiliates offering trading across the world. The CEO and founder, Petr Valov, is shaping the organization with transparency and honesty at the heart of the business strategy.
The award-winning retail FX Group holds regulatory licenses in the United Kingdom, Cyprus, Seychelles, and South Africa. Today the organization averages a monthly trading volume of $180 billion, with over 10,000 live accounts opened each month and a net worth reaching into the billions of dollars.
The Exness Group has headquarters in Limassol, Cyprus, with offices in Nigeria, India, South Africa, and within the G Tower in Kuala Lumpur, Asia. The total number of employees now stands at over 500. The broker is the current sponsor of Real Madrid CF.
The Group’s Affiliates:
- Nymstar Limited
- Authorized by the Financial Services Authority (FSA)
- Offers business-to-business services and retail trading opportunities to international clients
- US and EU clients are excluded
- Exness (Cy) Ltd
- Authorized by the Cyprus Securities and Exchange Commission (CySEC)
- Does not offer services to retail clients
- Solely for business-to-business services
- Exness (UK) Ltd
- Regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) with a head office in London
- Does not currently have services for retail clients to register for
- Solely for business-to-business trading only
Exness Trading Platform
Exness supports the MetaTrader 4 (MT4) and MetaTrader 5 (MT5) trading terminals. Both platforms are industry-recognized and available for free download for PC and desktop devices, or via all major web browsers including Windows XP, Windows 10+, and Mac. Further platform features are listed below.
MetaTrader 4 Web Terminal
- 9 timeframes
- Live news streams
- Customizable charts
- 4 pending order types
- Analysis of quote dynamics
- Single thread strategy tester
- Access to Expert Advisors (EAs)
- 50+ built-in technical indicators
- Ability to overlay analytical objects
- User-friendly, multilingual interface
- Interbank liquidity and fast execution
- Daily account statement with profit & loss summary
MetaTrader 5 Web Terminal
- 21 timeframes
- Hedging allowed
- One-click trading
- 6 pending order types
- Built-in economic calendar
- Multi-threaded strategy tester
- 80+ built-in technical indicators
- Set stop loss and take profit levels
- Enhanced order management capabilities
- Customizable charts, view up to 100 simultaneously
The Exness website is available in 18 languages throughout the website, including the homepage, during the account sign-up process, and on all education interfaces. Both web platform terminal options also offer multilingual services.
Exness offers clients both spot and CFD trading across 120+ instruments in the markets listed below.
- Forex – 100+ currency pairs including majors, minors, and exotic
- Commodities – Including metals such as XAU/USD, energies, and agriculture
Exness does not offer indices or crypto trading. This includes Bitcoin (BTC) and Ripple (XRP).
Fees & Commission
Exness spreads are generally tight and are variable based on the account type chosen. Spreads start from 0.3 pips on the Standard Cent Accounts and from 0.1 pips on the Standard Account, with no commissions on all trading volumes.
The Pro ECN Account features a raw spread with a variable commission structure per trade.
The Exness Zero (0) Spread Account offers no spreads throughout 95% of the trading day across 30 currency pairs. However, our review found commission is applicable, with charges from $3.50 per lot/side.
Popular metals, including gold, are offered in the form of a currency pair such as XAU/USD. A useful spread comparison table is available on the broker’s website.
The broker also charges swap rates for positions held overnight and an inactivity fee, further details of which can be found on the company website.
The leverage offered to Exness clients varies by account type, instrument, and trading entity due to regulatory requirements. Some regulators allow high margin rates, up to 1:2000, and leverage can even be unlimited in some jurisdictions, accommodating all trading strategies.
We would recommend utilizing risk management strategies when trading with high leverage to protect against significant losses. Since the FCA, CySEC and other European authorities operate under the MiFID directive, retail traders will be subject to leverage capping. This includes a maximum 1:30 leverage for major currency pairs, 1:20 for minor forex pairs, and 1:10 for commodities trading.
MetaTrader 4 and MetaTrader 5 are both available as mobile applications, allowing Exness clients to open positions from an easy-to-use app in any location. The apps are available for free download and are compatible with iOS and Android (APK) devices. The full suite of trading features available on the desktop platforms is accessible, including analytical tools, plus customizable charts and graphs.
Payment Methods offered by Exness
Minimum deposits vary by account type and by payment method. Exness traders can open a Standard Account with just $1, which is very competitive vs OctaFX at $25 and IC Markets requiring a $200 minimum. Exness does not charge a fee for any payment method, however, third-party charges may be applicable. You must verify your account before attempting to add funds.
Funding your account is simple, and can be completed by accessing your personal trading area. 50+ base currencies are available for live trading accounts including USD, AUD, ZAR, and KWD. Accepted account payment methods include:
- WebMoney – Instant Processing, a minimum deposit of $1
- Perfect Money – Instant funding, a minimum deposit of $50
- Bank Wire Transfer – Instant funding, a minimum deposit of $3
- Offline Bank Transfer – Instant funding, a minimum deposit of $10
- Debit/Credit Cards – Including Mastercard and Visa. Instant funding, a minimum deposit of $3
- E-Wallets – Including Neteller and Skill (1% fee). Instant processing, a minimum deposit of $10
Not all payment methods will be available depending on your country of residence. Note that once you’ve opened an account, the base currency cannot be changed, however, a new account can be opened in an alternative currency.
Exness does not charge for withdrawals. Minimum and maximum limits vary by the chosen method, including a $6 minimum amount for debit/credit card withdrawals. Clients will be pleased that transactions back to your original payment method are instant. Typically a 5-day wait, often with applicable fees, is offered by competitor brokers. For full details on how to deposit, any withdrawal problems, or understanding an exchange rate to a base currency, visit the online help center on the broker’s website or contact the customer support helpline.
Exness offers a demo account available on the MT4 and MT5 platforms. This is in line with competitors including XM, FXPesa, FBS, HotForex, JustForex, and JP Markets. Demo accounts are a great way for new and experienced traders to test strategies risk-free in real market conditions. Clients can utilize the virtual funds to understand the platform’s features, improve risk management strategies, and trial new trading strategies. A simple online registration form is required.
At the time of writing, Exness is offering +10% of your initial deposit as a welcome bonus for all new clients that register for a live account. A referral program, new partner scheme, or no deposit bonus was not offered. Look out for occasional reward schemes as part of the Premier Programme. This Pro incentive is designed for high-volume traders with exclusive privileges that vary by investment type. Always check bonus terms and conditions by jurisdiction before making a deposit. Exness UK (Ltd) does not offer any new client sign-up deals or revenue promotions due to FCA guidelines restricting the use of financial incentives.
The UK affiliate (Exness UK Ltd) is licensed under the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), meaning the broker operates according to their stringent regulatory standards. Traders can be assured of segregation of client funds, held in top-tier banks; negative balance protection, and protection under the Financial Services Compensation Scheme (FSCS) up to £85,000 in the case of broker insolvency.
The Exness Group affiliates are regulated differently depending on the jurisdiction. Licenses are held from the Cyprus Securities and Exchange Commission (CySEC) for Exness Cy Limited and the Financial Sector Conduct Authority (FSCA) authorizing Vlerizo (Pty) in South Africa. All regulation is reputable and industry-respected.
Exness also offers comprehensive education and additional training tools, designed for global traders of all experience levels and abilities. Simply log in to your personal area to join the Exness Academy, you can also check our academy it has free courses. Tools include YouTube video content, VPS hosting, profit/margin calculator, economic calendar, live streaming news, and market history. Technical research and fundamental analysis are also available.
A variety of topics are covered, including major indices weekly outlooks for the S&P 500, NASDAQ 100 (NAS100), and US30; trading ideas, the minimum lot size for trading, understanding Exness account off-price quotes, social trading, and more. Social media and websites such as Quora, Facebook, and LinkedIn can provide helpful peer-to-peer broker reviews and additional guidance.
Exness offers various trading account types, including a Standard Account, Standard Cent Account, Professional ECN Account, and Zero Spread Account. Minimum deposit requirements spread, and leverage varies between the options. Standard Account minimum deposits start as low as $1, which is ideal for new traders. Typically, minimum trade sizes are 0.01 lots and a maximum trade size of 200 lots with unlimited leverage. Additional account types are available, including an Islamic Account with no swap or rollover charges applicable.
An account can be opened in minutes through the online registration portal. You may be required to provide identity verification documents, such as proof of residency under the Know Your Customer (KYC) compliance requirements.
- Demo account
- Spreads from 0 pips
- Various payment methods
- Low minimum deposit of $1
- Sign-up bonus available in some jurisdictions
- Automated instant withdrawals with no fees
- Comprehensive education available via Exness Academy
- Industry recognized MetaTrader 4 and 5 trading terminals
- Global regulation licenses held including FCA, FSCA, and CySEC
- Limited trading instruments
- No cryptocurrency trading
- Country restrictions, including the USA
- Retail services are only offered by Nymstar Limited (part of Exness Group)
Exness follows standard office hours, operating in the UK GMT time zone. Trading is available for 24 hours, Monday to Friday. Typically forex pairs open for trading on Sunday at 21:00 and close on Friday at 22:00. Trading hours may vary depending on local public holiday dates. Keep an eye on the news section of the broker’s website for a full calendar of previous and upcoming closures. Timings do vary by instrument, all details can be found on the broker’s website.
Exness offers 24/7 customer support, available in 18+ languages including English, Chinese and Thai:
- Email Address – [email protected]
- Helpline Telephone Number – 0800 014 8528
- Headquarters Address – 1, Saifi Street, Porto Bello Business Centre, Office 301, 3042, Limassol, Cyprus
There is currently no live chat option.
The Exness Group assures a high level of safety and security for its clients. The personal area and portal access are password-protected, complying with local data privacy laws. Secure login is replicated on the MT4 and MT5 platforms, with high-tech encryptions and industry-standard data privacy.
Exness provides opportunities for traders of varying abilities on the established MT4 and MT5 platforms. Regulation is present in all countries, including the industry-recognized FCA and CySEC authorities. Traders can be assured that these affiliates are operating with the highest levels of compliance. Account types, minimum deposit requirements, and the offering of a fantastic education hub all contribute to the competitive service and high-quality trading experience.
Frequently Asked Questions
Exness accepts traders from Australia, Thailand, Canada, United Kingdom, South Africa, Singapore, Hong Kong, India, France, Germany, Norway, Sweden, Italy, Denmark, United Arab Emirates, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Luxembourg, Qatar, and most other countries.
However, traders from the United States cannot use Exness.
Alternatives to Exness
If you are looking for alternatives to Exness we have compiled a list of the top 5 brokers that are similar to Exness below. This list of brokers like Exness is in order of similarity and only includes companies that accept traders from your location.
- Exinity – Exinity provides flexible low-cost trading in FX, commodities, indices, and equities alongside unique education and support provided by teams located across the world. Now operating in the Middle East, through regulation from the Financial Services Regulatory Authority in Abu Dhabi and the Financial Services Commission of Mauritius, Exinity provides a range of services to traders and investors looking for new opportunities in the financial markets.
- FXPrimus – FXPrimus offers multi-asset trading on a range of platforms and mobile solutions.
- FP Markets – FP Markets is a multi-asset broker offering a choice of trading platforms.
- AvaTrade – It’s one of the leading forex and CFD broker regulated in Ireland, Australia, Canada, and South Africa. Avatrade is particularly strong in integration, including MT4
- RoboForex – RoboForex is a multi-asset online broker offering powerful trading aides.
We hope this Exness review helped you learn more about Exness. You may also want to see our step-by-step guide on how to open an Exness account and our ultimate guide on how Login to Exness.
Editorial Staff at Benstride is a team of Forex traders led by Vincent Nyagaka. We have been creating Forex tutorials since 2013, and Benstride is one the largest free Forex resource site in the industry.